Tuesday, January 4, 2011

good things come in .... three?!

It is 8:04 am on January 4th of 2011. I am blogging while listening to our two month old wake up. The older girls are still sleeping, trying to cling to every second that's left of Christmas vacation. The house is quiet (except the occasional gurgle from Sophie), the tree still up and lit bringing a silent peace to the house. And I am realizing I am way behind on blogging!

So let's start this year off on the right foot, and actually do this blog thing. I quite enjoy it.

I've heard the saying "bad things come in three." Yet I've never heard anyone say "good things come in three." Well my husband, Jarrett, and I have three girls. And I'm sure we will have our share of "bad" moments. But I am just as sure that all the "good" moments will shine brighter than the others.

Here's a bit of history on us, just to kind of let you in on the journey to here so we can continue on our way. I am a mother of three girls. I had Aidin, who is twelve, when I was seventeen. Her father was killed in Afghanistan in 2006. In 2004 I met Jarrett the love of my life. We became pregnant and married in 2005. We gave birth to Emma one month later. We moved away from both sets of our parents for Jarrett to go to school. And eventually he got a job here in Estevan.

Life here has been great. Other than we desperately miss our families. We found a great church, bought a house .... have a life! And just gave birth to our third daughter, Sophie, in October!

I must admit finding out we were having another girl was an intense roller coaster ride for me. And not at all for Jarrett! I, being a girl know how hard it's going to be. Jarrett loves being a father to girls. Not that I don't, but I do know my capability for mood swings; and now we're multiplying that by three!

Three girls means, three times we'll go through puberty. Puberty with girls just seems so much more intense. Three times we'll have to catch our hearts from dropping into our stomachs and save them from being eaten by the acid there, while we watch the girls go on their first dates! Gross .. do you know what boys think about! Three times Jarrett will walk down the isle to hand over the girl he worked so hard at raising, loving and protecting to some guy he'll will have to trust even if he doesn't want to!

Jarrett, of course sees it completely opposite from my view. He sees that they can be strong and that it will be a challenge to raise them to think for themselves. To watch them believe in themselves, to stand up for what they believe and become all that they can be.I believe all these things as well.

Our girls range in age is going to be interesting for sure. We actually will always have one in each stage of life! And that to me is exciting!

And that's our journey. Raising these amazing gifts from God, learning who they are. Helping them develop who they are, and doing it all at the same time in different stages. Best adventure ever!

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment